Is Lavender Safe for Dogs?
It’s a common question we hear asked often, is lavender safe for dogs? The short answer is yes, but it’s not as straight forwards as you may think.
Lavender contains a small amount of a compound called linalool, which is toxic for dogs and even cats. However, the compound is found in such a small quantity that lavender poisoning is rarely an issue for dog owners. A very large amount must be consumed by your dog for it to be a problem.
Some studies suggest there could be a therapeutic use for lavender in dogs. When lavender oil is inhaled by a dog rather than ingested it can have a calming effect and can reduce restlessness and anxiety in your dog.
MYBESTMATE products use lavender extract, and this can help your dog become calmer and ease their nervous energy. Our lavender extract is also a natural antiseptic and can help mask any unpleasant odours from your pooch.
Check out all our MYBESTMATE products on our products page.